Designing Your Dream Wedding
It’s no secret that planning your dream wedding involves a lot of work, and that prospect can be daunting if you don’t give yourself the right resources and a realistic timeframe to put it all together. From choosing napkin colours to sorting out the reception menu, it can all start to feel overwhelming. Luckily, there are many resources and checklists online that help take the stress out of wedding design and help you plan your wedding to the tee, including this one! Don’t let your dream wedding turn into a nightmare. Here’s a useful little list of the most important things to keep in mind when planning a wedding from the experts here at Dell’Amore Bridal, a bridal boutique in Auckland.
Wedding Journals and Checklists
One of the first things to do when planning your wedding is to give yourself the right tools for the job! Buy a wedding planner or journal and take full advantage of checklists online to make sure you have ticked all the boxes!
Key things to note down in your journal include:
- The wedding date. Set the date of your wedding and give yourself a reasonable timeframe to prepare everything. As soon as you know the date and the season your wedding is going to be in, everything can start moving forward and the real fun begins!
- Your budget. Additional costs always pop up when we least expect them. Set yourself a budget to work within and plan for the unexpected.
- The guest list. Whether you have an extensive or short list of guests to invite, you’ll definitely need a few pages for this. You’ll be remembering people as you go or trim down the list as you get closer to the final draft.
- A backup plan. everything doesn’t always go as planned, and that’s perfectly fine! If you’re running late to your wedding or it rains during the photoshoot, backup plans are a great way to stay on top no matter the weather.+
- Inspo. Gather inspiration and ideas for the venue, wedding theme, and wedding gowns online and store them somewhere convenient to remember.
Keep Track of the Little Details
It’s the little details that count! Keeping track of the key elements in your wedding is going to make all the difference. Have you decided what the invitations are going to look like? Or the music and the floral arrangements? The sooner you have these elements finished, the better.
Creating a thorough wedding day plan to give your guests is also key. Come the wedding day, no one will be left unsure of the day’s events.
Choose Your Wedding Venue and Theme
When choosing your wedding venue and theme, what are the most important things to consider? Is it the popularity of the venue or the trendiest themes being today? No. In fact, they’re not essential at all! The most important thing to consider is choosing a venue and a theme that resonates with you and represents your personality and values. Your dream wedding location and theme doesn’t need to be popular or trendy, as long as you think it’s special, it’s the perfect place for your wedding.
Hire a Wedding Planner
Planning and keeping track of all the little details of a wedding can feel overwhelming for any bride. That’s why it’s important to make sure you have the right support system. Your groom, family, bridesmaids, and friends are all there to support you, but hiring an expert wedding planner to guide you throughout the process is an excellent way to take the load off your shoulders. A wedding planner can help you with all things wedding-related, from booking a venue to hiring the decorator, photographer, and catering service. They will be there for you from A to Z!
Keep Your Wedding Gown in a Safe Place
Lastly, one of the most important things to consider—the wedding dress! Once you’ve set your heart on a dress, make sure to keep it in a safe place where it can stay pristine and unseen. Some bridal boutiques will store the dress for you until the day of the wedding. Otherwise, we suggest keeping it somewhere secure such as at your mother’s house to avoid the groom glimpsing it before the wedding. You can still enjoy trying it on as many times as you want!
For the Perfect Wedding Gown
If you’re still looking for the perfect wedding dress, come and view our collections in our local bridal boutique in Auckland, or explore our collections online. No matter if you love elegant and simple designs, colourful wedding dresses, or unique bohemian wedding dresses, Dell’Amore Bridal has dresses to inspire every bride.
If you’re looking for more inspiration for your dream gown, feel free to explore our wedding dresses online, or book a free appointment at our Auckland Bridal Boutique and see our lovely designs in person! Please check our Instagram page for the latest inspiration.